Tuesday 5 January 2010

Underpants and Hijackers

Over at AMERICAN EVERYMAN a fantastic series has started that really needs to be read if you want to get to know more about the whys and wherefores of the GWOT and the Christmas Day Y-front bomber.


Part 1


Part 2


As you know I don’t think straight so I didn’t pay much attention to the event other than that I wasn’t surprised that something had gone off, no pun intended, on Christmas day just to ruin the atmos. In fact I was watching NK at the time and still do.


So Yemen. Why? Read the articles above and get a good idea.


However I see China wanting to base in that area. Aden where we used to hang tough? This is to support the anti piracy patrols of the ChiComm navy. Well it also allows for a good casus belli to be engineered in the future. I also have read that the securing of Yemen will allow the unopposed construction of a pipeline exiting to the sea on the south coast of the Arabian Peninsula and thus by passing the Straits of Hormuz if they shut.


Iran.


YINK


Heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voyoy cheeky, leave us a deadletteredroped..